Life is too short to be anything but happy

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Balancing Act

Steps to balance it all

I live a very hectic and crazy life, and I love it. I always seem to function better when I am busy, but it does get overwhelming.        I have created a list that helps me keep life balanced. 

http://brightdrops.com/dr-seuss-quotes




1. Feel free to say no

        This is something I struggle with greatly. I want to do everything on my own. I am a people pleaser and don't want to let anyone down. But, I have to remember that people understand, and there are others out there that can do it instead!
                         


2. Do what you love
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Type-Posters-Inspirational-Quotes/5391679


     If you are going to give up your time and energy, why not love what you're doing? It's not always going to be this way, but why not strive for it. I always do my best work when I am passionate about the things I am doing. Look for opportunities that accomplish this goal.




3. Ask for help when you need it

    Help is OKAY! I am a complete control freak and, sometimes, believe no one will be able to do it as good as me. But, we all get overwhelmed and it is not realistic for us to do everything on our own. There will always be someone around that is willing to help. You just have to ask!



4. Make Lists

   Lists are my best friend. Nothing feels better then creating a list, and then being able to cross something off it. I make lists on my phone, on paper, in my planner, ect. Lists help you see and organize everything you have to do. And there's nothing better than checking off a completed task.


5. Know how to relax

http://piccsy.com/2012/12/follow-for-daily-quotes-amp-motivation-1e544ac25

     Relaxing? What's that? It is hard to take time for yourself. But, the most important thing is to listen to your body. I find myself pushing myself to the point of sickness because I choose to go, go, go. Take a bubble bath, read a book at the library, go shopping (my #1 choice). You will never regret taking time for yourself. 





Not everything on this list will work for everyone. It is all about what works for you and how you can fit it into your life. At time when you feel like your head might explode and you want to break down and cry from stress (it's not only me, right?), take a step back and breathe. 


What are your go-to methods to balance your life?
Let me know!









2 comments:

  1. Hey Hunter! I loved reading this post! And no, you are definitely not the only one whose head might explode and who breaks down and cries from stress. Junior year has caused me to do that more than it should! With all of the homework we get, I do need to tell myself to relax. More than that, though, I don't get enough sleep. If I don't have much homework one night, I try to go to bed as early as I can. For example, I didn't get much sleep this week, but last night I didn't have any homework so I went to bed at 10:45 and got almost eight hours of sleep! (That's a lot for me on week days!) The thing from your I do to help me release some stress is asking for help. Whether it's from my friends for an idea or from a teacher because I don't understand the assignment, it helps me to relax a little more because I'll won't have to spend as much time trying to do the assignment. Good job on your post and good luck relaxing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hunter!

    This post is perfect for the week I have been having. Testing, scheduling, and homework all together never turn out to be a good combination. Something that I, like you, struggle with is letting go and trying not to do everything by myself. Being a 'control freak' helps me to get things done the way I want, but not always in the appropriate time frame. Your number 1 suggestion is a great one as well. I tend to not only do my work, but help others as well. While this is a great thing, all good things come in moderation.

    One of my main tricks that helps to relieve stress is trying to see things from a different perspective. If you think about everything you have to do, and not about what you are doing, things will become overwhelming. Just live in the moment, and things will no longer seem quite so daunting.

    Thanks!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete