Life is too short to be anything but happy

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer 2014

My summer is going to be filled to the brim with service, working, and school. But, I am looking forward to it!


Camp Barakel June 10-16
In less than a week, I will head to Fairview, Michigan to serve a week as an "engineer" at Camp Barakel. I got the opportunity to go for a weekend in January with my youth group, and fell in love with the place. As an engineer I will work in the kitchen, assist with hand crafts, and help in the camp store. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and worshipping God in the nature.

Blockie


Mackinaw Island June 23-25
Just one week after I get home from Barakel, I will head up to Mackinaw Island with my boyfriend, Seph, his family and their extended family. It is going to be a great few days of exploring, biking, and FUDGE. They say the fun starts when the last ferry leaves!



Usiak Cottage July 2-5
I am blessed with a beautiful cottage right on Lake Michigan. My dad's parents bought it before I was born and it was recently renovated to accommodate my whole family of 16. (It has 14 beds!!)Even if I just get to go up for a few days, I couldn't ask for anything else. Tanning, swimming, going to the farm, and spending time with cousins is something I always look forward to.



Okemos Outreach July 6-12
Mr. Fahy is taking a group of kids to Roseland, Chicago. This part of Chicago is inner-city and very poverty stricken. I am nervous to say the least, but am so excited to be a positive influence on the lives of kids who truly need it!

On Goal July 15-19
This summer camp is one I have participated in for years. I started going when I was just 6 years old, and now I get to be one of the coaches. With all the little kiddies running around, what more could I ask for? It is faith based and is something I look forward to every year.


Don't forget cross country practice, babysitting, my 2 LCC classes, and AP class summer work. I have a very busy summer ahead of me, but I can't wait to see what it entails! 


What are you up to this summer? 


1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of your excursions this summer! I will also be going to my family's cottage,except it's only about the size of my garage and we pack 9 people in that thing! Certainly no 14 bed deal :) I hope you have a fantastic summer!

    ReplyDelete